Suzuki Institute, Hamilton Branch
Winter Workshop 2017 for Cello, Piano, Viola & Violin
11am Saturday 3rd to 2pm Monday 5th of June 2017 (Queen's Birthday Weekend)
Information for Winter Workshop
The Hamilton Branch Committee is delighted to invite families to register for our Winter Workshop. This year we will be enjoying the wonderful teaching environment at Fairfield Intermediate School on 261 Clarkin Road, Fairfield, Hamilton.
Tuition is from Twinkles and above.
It is expected that all children attending will have a supervising parent with them, both for safety reasons and to support them.
261 Clarkin Road
Enrichment – Piano and non readers.
String Instrument Readers - Ensemble
Enrichment classes are included for all piano students and for those string students who have not yet reached the level for ensemble playing, including twinklers/pre-twinklers. Enrichment classes are also available for those non-playing siblings.
- Annabel Harrison (Auckland)
- Alison Salmons (Auckland)
- Rachel Braly (Waiheke)
- Jessica Alloway (Auckland)
- Takao Mizushima (Australia)
- SallyAnne Brown (Waiheke)
- Zohara Rotem (Australia)
- Fleur Chee (Auckland)
Daily class observation of tutors and students by music teachers.
A limited number of individual lessons are available with all tutors, on the Sunday afternoon only. The cost is $45 for 30 minutes. These will be allocated in the order in which completed enrolment forms are received. Please include which tutor you want for the private lesson.
Due to the need to hire four pianos, a surcharge of $30 is applied to piano students to partly cover some of the hireage costs.
- Registration cannot be accepted unless you are a current member of NZSI.
- Students must be taught by a teacher who is registered with the NZSI for the instrument that the student is learning.
- To become a member of the Institute please go to the Suzuki Institute website and complete the membership process.
- Registration is not complete until payment is received.
- Registrations close: 9pm Friday 5th May 2017
- Payment can be made via Internet Banking or at any Westpac bank.
- Internet Banking: Account Name: Westpac Bank - Hamilton Branch NZSI, 03-1556-0033179-00.
- Please include your registration number and surname with your payment.
- We are no longer able to accept payment by cheque.
- If you are unable to pay by Internet banking you can make payment at any branch of Westpac Bank.
Workshop Assistance Required:
For the smooth running of the workshop we require some assistance. Please indicate on the registration form in the comments field if you can help to:
- Billet tutors
- Help on Registration desk from 10:30am
- Provide First Aid if needed
- Provide a plate for tutors morning tea and lunch
- Tidy classrooms at end of workshop, and
- Do general tidying.
- Cancellations received in writing or by email by 15 May 2017 will be refunded less a $60 administration fee. No refunds are payable after this date.
NZSI Teacher Training
There will be no teacher training available at this workshop.
The Hamilton Suzuki Institute is a branch of the New Zealand Suzuki Institute. General information on the Suzuki Institute can be found at: Suzuki Institute
If you have any questions about the registration or the Suzuki Institute please contact:
- All enquiries: Susan Noble,
, Ph: 021 741 232
- Registration (technical issues): Richard Bourne,
, Ph: 04 931 9324